Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Fall Color...........Coming Your Way in the Mail!

Fall Bench from Great Products

Fall is absolutely one of my favorite times of year because of nature's colors.  They are my favorites!  So I am finding myself drawn to making fall cards more than I ever used to do.  So some of my friends and family are being treated with a seasonal card before Thanksgiving and in place of a Christmas card.  Well, maybe. 

The new wafer-thin dies are incredible, and it seems that every company out there has picked up on the concept that many stampers dislike cutting out with scissors and craft knives!  Personally, I would love to buy a die for every stamp I own!  The new Impression Obsession leaf and rake, the  Impression Obsession pumpkin die, and the Impression Obsession apple basket dies for fall are so cute, and they go perfectly well with the Elizabeth Craft Designs Garden Bench that has become my favorite Karen Burniston Pop It Up die by far.  It is so versatile, and I have all these ideas floating around in my head for it.  The tree in the background is another Elizabeth Craft Designs wafer-thin die, All Seasons Tree.

This card is the one I mentioned in my previous post.  And I am submitting it to Simon Says Stamp's Monday Challenge whis is to be a fall-themed card--"Falling in Love With...".

I love how the Elizabeth Craft Design Pop It Ups dies allow the resulting card to be bigger than normal.  This gives so much room to make a scene.  I love little scenes in my cards.  So do my little granddaughters.  I tend to design with them in mind.  If a child loves it, than an adult will, too!

I used the great Crescent Moon and Stars die by Tim Holtz and Sizzix  in the background.  I love its large size, and if you have been watching the moon lately, you realize that a harvest moon sometimes looks bigger than normal.  I love that this die lends itself to this "harvest moon" concept, even though it is crescent-shaped instead of a full moon.  Love the "man in the moon" face on this die!  I kept thinking of the old song, "Shine On Harvest Moon" as I was making this card, and the music paper was the perfect touch to carry out that theme.  The "rug" in front of the garden bench is patterned paper (which I also used on the front of the card--this paper is double sided, which is great for these cards).   It is embossed with a Sizzix embossing folder from the Textured Impressions Foyer set, which you can see on sale now HERE.  I then just cut around the embossed shape to give me a sentiment and an accent in front of the bench.

Watch for more fall-themed cards in tomorrow's blog.  I am on a roll!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Add your comment here: